Friday, April 20, 2012

home

Remember when I said I was going to add some color to my house?  Yeah, I've done nothing.  Of course, all that inspiration came before I knew baby (BOY!) would be coming.  Before I got so sick and couldn't keep up with normal chores.  *shudder*

Well, I'm back to as close to normal as I'm going to get for awhile.  But...we're moving.  So no projects right now.  (Plus, I still need to finish painting Cate's bed before I start anything else.)

But in the mean time- I DID get these altered and ready to print:
The colors I chose are meaningful.  As are the quotes.  I love them. 


And the moving thing?  Well, the people that own this house need to sell it.  So we're on the hunt for a new place.  We have loved this house and wish we could stay, but with a house we still can't sell in Arkansas, we're in no position to buy.  The rental options are super-slim around here, but we're hopeful something will open up and be perfect for us. 

(last summer in front of the house:)

We're using this process as a lesson in thankfulness.  We are thankful that we got 2 years here.  We are thankful that we are in a position (with our house) to understand the owner's need to sell, and we're thankful that we can honestly pray with them that it sells quickly and they get what they hope.  We are thankful that we have so many people making calls for us about new homes.  We are thankful that we do not have to stress or worry about anything, but in everything with prayer and thanksgiving we can present our requests to God and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding is guarding our hearts and minds. 

It's an awesome thing to have a God you can trust.  Even when things look hard.  That peace is For Real.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I found some state printables too. They are so neat! Praying for y'all and your move. god is faithful and we have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got really excited when I saw "we're moving" and then scrolled down to see the Kansas picture and "there's no place like home." Then I kept reading. . .
    There's lots of houses for rent in St. Joe! :)

    ReplyDelete