Thursday, April 19, 2012

The baby.

Exactly three weeks ago I had an appointment that was supposed to be routine- weight, bp, heartbeat, etc.  Except the doctor couldn't find it.  The heartbeat.  She sent me directly to the ultrasound room.  I can not describe how relived I felt when immediately I heard that strong, fast heart on the screen.

When the lady said, "Well, would you like to know what you're having?!"  I said yes, and she looked for a minute before laughing and saying, "It's a GIRL!!"  I can't remember what I said or did- I was still listening to the heartbeat, I think.  And then I looked at Ty (he was the only one with me) and he was grinning like he knew what was going on.  Or maybe because he had a baggie full of goldfish and craisins. 

So we went to get the girls from JD's office and I told them all- showed them the pictures.  Halle was beyond happy.  Cate was not.  She has stuck to her guns from the beginning that she wants a boy.  She wants even numbers and she's said, "I have a best friend (Halle) and Ty needs one too!"  We've tried to convince her that Ty can have a girl best friend, but she hasn't bought it.


We told a select few people, keeping it to ourselves until the "real" u/s (today) and we just liked enjoying it by ourselves for awhile.

JD went with me today- no kids- it was like a date. (How sad is that??)  We saw the same ultrasound tech- heard the heart- everything is healthy and right on target- nothing to indicate any kind of problem.  And the best news of the day? 


Easy- the placenta is beautifully out of the way! 
 (Remember I had Placenta Previa with Ty that required a c-section?) 





Oh - and it's a boy.


She said, "Will you hate me if I was wrong the first time?"

My face hurt from grinning and we both started laughing when I looked at JD.  I think he even gave me a five.

A girl would be great- I've had it in my head for 3 weeks, and it's a little sad to let that thought go, but I think from the very beginning I've hoped for a boy.  Me and Cate. 

3 comments:

  1. It would have been perfect either way! Glad you got your heart's desire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the greatest story!!!

    Ummm...Is it weird that I thought the first pic looked like a boy anyway?

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete