Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick-or-Treat

Monday night we started at the First Baptist Fall Festival:
Ty hated the photo station:
This is "Miss Erin"- the girls love her.  A lot.  They were pretty pumped that she was manning one of the game stations:
Can you believe there was a long line for this game?!  I guess it was the fun clanking noise as the metal milk bottles crashed on the tile:
The girls would've spent the entire time at this cookie-decorating station if we would've let them:
Their creations make me want to gag:
(Doesn't that black and orange frosting blob look like a slug?  Nasty.)
Funny story-  Halle has a huge aversion to beans.  Baked beans.  Barbeque beans.  You get the idea.  This is NOT a good thing at a church chili supper.  My mood officially went downhill when she started gagging in the doorway in front of the little old ladies who probably cooked it.  She retched, and pouted, and whined about her tummy hurting until we found a seat.  Then, while I glared at her, she suddenly sat up and said, "Hey! It doesn't smell like beans over here!"  Then she calmly ate her potato soup, and was polite to a group of little old ladies that called her a "darling boy".   
And go ahead.  Call me mean in your head.  I know when she's turning it on. 

After the church festival we hustled to the college to get in on that fun.  I didn't get many good pictures, but here's one of Jessie and Woody together:
Dorothy, Jessie and Belle:
(The girls have been excited to see "Miss Tuesday" as Belle since last week when they talked to her at the ballgame.  At one point, Cate asked if she could just go stand by her.  I guess she just wanted to bask in her Belle-ness?  Here they are last year)

All-in-all it was a fun night.  And we have candy coming out of our ears, thanks to both festivals and the goody-box Mema sent:

No joke- Halle and Cate spent hours today organizing and trading their candy back and forth.  I only let them eat one piece and part of those (gross) cookies.  So the candy fun might last until Easter!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment